LEFTOVER CHICKEN PIE
500g cooked chicken, turkey and/or ham
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp plain flour
250 ml chicken stock or milk
400g pack puff pastry
1 egg and/or milk, beaten lightly (egg wash)
1. Fry the onion and mushrooms in vegetable oil until lightly browned and
Add the cooked meat.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the meat and gradually add the stock or milk,
stirring all the time. If you have any leftover cream add 1 tablespoon for a
more creamy sauce. Season to taste.
3. Flour a rolling pin and board and roll out half the puff pastry until it is larger than the pie dish and use that to line the base and up the sides of the dish . Brush around the edge of the pie dish with milk/egg wash.
4. Pour the filling into the pie.
5. Roll the other piece of pastry out to make the pie lid and roll it carefully around the rolling pin and gently drape it over the pie. Crimp the edges of the pastry together and trim off any excess. Use the trimmings to make leaves to decorate the pie and cut a small hole in the top of the pastry to allow the steam to escape.
7. Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash and bake in the oven for 30
minutes or until golden brown at 200c/400F/Gas 6.
8. Serve with boiled or mashed potatoes and green vegetables.